What to Expect
Hike through the lush green forest
Your adventure starts with a half hour hike through stunning rain forest along the Marianne River to 3 Pools. The hike to the pools is rated 2 out of 5 (5 being the hardest) so it is suitable for all ages.
Encounter fascinating flora and fauna
While walking you will see, experience and learn of the natural history of this magnificent rain forest. You will encounter amazing trees, beautiful butterflies, such as the Emperor Butterfly, and forest birds such as Trogons, Honeycreepers and Manakins.
Discover 3 amazing natural river pools
As its name suggests, this river destination features 3 deep basins that were formed as the river plunged across a plateau over a steep rock shelf. The first pool features shallower waters and is ideal for wading and non-swimmers. Between the first and second pools one finds a naturally formed water-slide that adds a great fun element. The 3rd pool is where the adventurous finds the greatest enjoyment. One can climb the nearby rocks and jump 25 feet in the pool below.
- NOTE: This is a wet hike. To go from one pool to the other you will have to go through water. You and your bags will likely get wet
- Short pants are fine for both hike. If you worry about things scraping your legs then light long pants for the adventure hike, Jeans will be too restrictive and heavy.
- Swim suits for the pools
- Water to stay hydrated
- Snacks / food
- Trail sneakers are best, or any descent sneakers, or strapped sandals with a bit of grip is fine. Heavy boots are not appropriate. No sandals or Slippers (flip-flops) are not allowed
- All footwear will get wet and muddy
- Please secure all phones / electronics in water proof (zip lock) bags as you will be wading in water and belongings will get wet.
- Insect repellent
- Dry change of clothes for after the hike
- Ground transportation to and from the meeting point
- Private Tour Guide
- Hike and tour of the Marianne River to 3 Pools
- Life jackets
- Relaxation and swimming at 3 Pools
- No Food / Lunch
- No Water and liquid refreshments
- Tours for any date will only be confirmed after 10 or more persons book for that date.
- If less than 10 persons book for a particular date, the tour may be rescheduled or cancelled.
- You may encounter non-venomous and venomous snakes
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Age: 8 years and over
This is a fantastic river adventure with three large pools to swim in, a 25-foot rock to jump off and natural water slide.
- Foreign Visitors
- 9:00 am
- 8 hrs
- 7 yrs and up
- Hike through the lush green forest of the Northern Range
- Encounter fascinating flora and fauna
- Discover 3 amazing natural river pools
- Slide down the natural water slide
- Jump off a a 25-foot rock into the pool below.