Nanan’s Caroni Bird Sanctuary Tours Ltd
What to Expect
Motor-boating through a maze of mangrove lined waterways
Experience the thrill of motor-boating through a maze of mangrove lined waterways in the Caroni Swamp with the company that started the tours there in the early 1940’s. Nanan’s Bird Sanctuary Tour Operator has been operating our signature boat tours for over 60 years in the Caroni Swamp. Today, the Caroni Swamp is known throughout the world and has emerged as a National Treasure. In June 2015, the Caroni Bird Sanctuary was renamed the Winston Nanan Caroni Bird Sanctuary in honour of the lifelong dedication of Winston to the development of this site.
Experience mammals, reptiles, marine organisms and many species of birds
We cruise through the beautiful, serene mangrove wetland – home of the exotic Scarlet Ibis. The journey in the sanctuary gives the opportunity to experience mammals, reptiles, marine organisms and many species of birds. You also see the different species of mangrove and the way in which they have adapted to this environment creating one of the most beautiful mangrove wetlands in the Western Hemisphere.
View the Beautiful Scarlet Ibis
As the sun sets, thousands of Scarlet Ibis birds return from feeding grounds to roost for the night. Visitors are mesmerized by the transformation of mangrove trees into living Christmas trees – a sight to behold!
- Jeans, T-shirts, sneakers, hats, shades.
- Bring along insect repellent
- Cameras and binoculars
- Private Certified Tour Guide
- Boat tour of the Caroni Swamp
- All fees, taxes and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Port of Spain and environs)
- Food / Drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Age: 5 years and over
- Minimum group size per booking: 2 persons
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Experience the thrill of motor-boating through a maze of mangrove lined waterways in the Caroni Swamp to view the exotic Scarlet Ibis.
- Best for foreign visitors
- Motor-boating through a maze of mangrove lined waterways in the Caroni Swamp
- Experience mammals, reptiles, marine organisms and many species of birds
- View beautiful Scarlet Ibis.
- Tour includes transportation from and back to your hotel in Scarborough or Crown Point (and environs).